GAME OF SKILL PRIZE – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit. All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- Entry to the competition is via submitting 30 words or less answering; ‘which ME by Meliá hotel hotel you’d choose to celebrate our 6th Birthday at and why’. The entry found is found on the SUNDAY SOMEWHERE website.
- Employees of the promoter and agencies associated with this promotion (SUNDAY SOMEWHERE & ME by Meliá hotel) are ineligible to enter the competition, as are their immediate families.
- Winners of the competition must be 18 years old. All International entrants are accepted.
- No purchases necessary to enter or win. Only one entry is permitted per person. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries.
- The prize includes:
a. One (1) GRAND PRIZE WINNER
6 night stay for two at any of the ME by Meliá hotel including breakfast. Subject to availability (excludes Christmas, New Years & Easter). Must be redeemed before 30th June 2018. Prize valued up to $3000 USD
$1000 USD Escape Travel Voucher to put towards flight costs. Booking must be make via www.escapetravel.com. Must be redeemed before 30th June 2018. Prize value $1000 USD.
Six (6) pairs of SUNDAY SOMEWHERE sunglasses. Must be redeemed before 30th June 2018. Prize valued up to $1800 USD.
- Any Additional spending money, flights, meals, insurance, taxes, passports, visas, extra accommodation, items of a personal nature, inoculations, travel to and from departure point, additions to stipulated itineraries and offered flights and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner. Unless expressly stated, all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner.
- SIX (6) RUNNER UP PRIZE WINNERS
- One (1) pair of SUNDAY SOMEWHERE sunglasses per winner. Must be redeemed before 30th June 2018. Prize valued up to $300 USD.
- The judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judges, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory language. The judges' decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the competition as necessary due to circumstances outside its control.
- The prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. Any attempt to resell or auction all or any part of the grand prize will result in an immediate cancellation of the prize. In the event that, for any reason whatsoever, a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize. Both parties must travel together.
- On acceptance of the competition prize, the winner acknowledges that they have read and agreed to ME by Meliá hotel booking conditions.
- The winner is required to obtain the relevant and suitable travel insurance at their own expense in order to be able to take the competition prize. It is the traveller's personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to:
- Valid passports, visas, and health requirements, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s.
- The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, in connection with the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by laws.
- The grand major prize is subject to availability as determined by ME by Meliá hotel. The prize is valid from 1st October 2017 – 30 June 2018. Blackout periods apply for Christmas, New Year the Easter period.
- Promotion commences 1 September 2017. Entries close 11:59pm (AEST) 12 September 2017.
- By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these rules.
- The Promoter is the SUNDAY SOMEWHERE, 212-214 Wyndham Street Alexandria NSW 2017 AUSTRALIA ABN 23 148 900 565.
- The information you are asked to provide to the SUNDAY SOMEWHERE is personal information and is protected by the Privacy Act 1988. SUNDAY SOMEWHERE will not disclose this information to other parties other than in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. More information about our privacy can be found here. https://www.sundaysomewhere.com/pages/privacy-policy
- All entries become the property of the promoter. The promoter may use the entrant's names and literary piece for any commercial purpose, including future promotional marketing and publicity purposes.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting any of the prizes.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not accept the prize at the time stipulated by ME by Meliá hotel or SUNDAY SOMEWHERE then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
- Entries will be judged at SUNDAY SOMEWHERE on September 14th 2017 and the winner’s names will be published on the SUNDAY SOMEWHERE’s website, Facebook and Instagram within 7 days of the draw.
- The winners will be notified in writing by email within 7 working days of the conclusion of the competition.
- If SUNDAY SOMEWHERE is unable to contact the winners within 7 days of the draw and SUNDAY SOMEWHERE has made every effort to contact them with the information provided by the entrants, then SUNDAY SOMEWHERE will award the prize to another valid entrant.
- All entrants who choose to ‘opt-in’ consent to receiving ongoing marketing material and correspondence from SUNDAY SOMEWHERE.
THE ME SCENE - ME BY MELIÁ COMPETITION ME by Meliá social networks
- There will be 1 winner of this prize.
- The prize (subject to Melia’s absolute discretion) is as follows:
A 6-night stay for 2 at any of the following ME by Meliá properties:
- ME London
- ME Madrid
- ME Ibiza
- ME Mallorca
- ME Cabo
- ME Miami
- ME Milan
ME Hotel nights subject to availability and must be redeemed before 30th of June 2018 excluding Christmas, NYE & Easter.
Please note that only one room will be provided at the ME by Meliá hotel per winner and accommodation is suitable for up to 2 persons sharing. Breakfast will be provided for each full day that the winners will be at the ME hotel. No transfers will be provided between the winners’ starting location and the airport. The winners will be responsible for all other costs associated with the enjoyment of the prize and any tax liabilities in accepting of the prize. For more information on the potential tax liabilities, please email Melia at email@example.com.
- No cash alternative will be offered for the prizes and the prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. Melia reserves the right to substitute the prizes for an item of similar value.
- On claiming the prize, the winners will be provided with further details regarding arrangements for the prize. Winners shall be entitled to choose one person to accompany them in enjoying the prize (a ‘guest’). Guests must be over 18 years of age. Meliá will be responsible for booking and arranging all travel and accommodation associated with the prize but it shall be the winners’ responsibility to provide all of the information required by Melia for the booking and organising of the prize on request. If a winner does not provide all required information, their prize will be forfeited.
- Meliá will not be liable for any losses which result from a winner’s or a guest’s, negligence during the enjoyment of the prize
- The result of the prize draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Melia reserves the right to cancel or amend the prize draw or these terms and conditions at any time without prior written notice if circumstances beyond Meliá’s control make this necessary.
- Entrants and guests can retract their consent to Melia processing their personal data by contacting Melia via our below address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note however, that Melia will be unable to consider any entries from, or provide a prize to, any entrant or guest who retracts their consent to processing.
- The winners will be responsible for the taxes that could arise from the awarding of the prize and its acceptance regardless of their nature (except for as set out below in this clause). The above does not apply to the amounts that Melia may have to pay to the Spanish Tax office on behalf of the winners in respect of withholding tax over the cost price of the prizes in compliance with the legislation in respect of the Spanish income tax over individuals (IRPF) or Non-residents income tax (IRNR). To this effect, Melia will compensate the winners for the retentions that it may have to carry out for the aforementioned taxes over the income received with the payment and acceptance of the prize.